About Me

My photo

My name is John at present i am a stay at home dad to two young children ....  i try to educate myself online and at the moment i am doing a online course called ......UT.6.01x Embedded Systems - Shape the World

As i love all things electronic and love learning how they work and try to make some electronic circuts with my limited supplies .... i also have a love of photography mostly enjoy taking nature photos ... and also enjoy playing poker   .....
Main goal is to continue learning about electronics and code and hopefully some day put it to good use .... thankfully with so many sites online there is always somewhere to learn from.
One of the best sites is Lets Make Robots which i am a member of .... this site has lots of great people willing to share there knowledge and offer help and advice to others looking to learn.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Down low for a good shot

These mallard ducks were photographed in Emo Court Co. Laois.  To get this shot I had to lay down on the ground.  And the reason for that was you're not going to get a interesting photo if you are standing up and pointing a camera at them.  By lying down not only are you getting a full body shot but a interesting background to frame them against.  I try whenever possible to get down low for any picture where the subject I am photographing is smaller than me.

7 comments:

  1. You visit my blog, I visit yours. Nice to meet you John and great Pictures!!!

    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John: Very nice photo of the ducks, I like the post work you did.

    You guess on the "What Is It" is to exotic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too like the angle you took this photograph from. It makes it exceptional. I also like the use of the technique where part of the photo is b&w and the duck is in color.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and it was a pleasure to find yours. I enjoy your photography very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John
    I just wanted to stop by and thank you for visiting my blog. It appears that I am your first visitor. I really enjoyed all your pictures. I like the way you used photoshop to get the effects on the mallard picture. I'm still playing around with it. I haven't figured out yet how to get that particular effect.
    Good job!
    Take care and have a great rest of the week.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello john... u came at my blog, warkah-cinta.blogspot.com.... i just want to say... u have a nice photoblog... what type and brand camera u used?

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for all the comments really appreciated, as for my camera its a canon Eos 20D.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A splendid shot
    I envy you to be able to lay down , I can no nore and it is a great pity for my photos...

    ReplyDelete