Sunday, April 5, 2009

Down low for a good shot

These mallard ducks were photographed in Emo Court Co. Laois.  To get this shot I had to lay down on the ground.  And the reason for that was you're not going to get a interesting photo if you are standing up and pointing a camera at them.  By lying down not only are you getting a full body shot but a interesting background to frame them against.  I try whenever possible to get down low for any picture where the subject I am photographing is smaller than me.

7 comments:

  1. You visit my blog, I visit yours. Nice to meet you John and great Pictures!!!

    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John: Very nice photo of the ducks, I like the post work you did.

    You guess on the "What Is It" is to exotic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too like the angle you took this photograph from. It makes it exceptional. I also like the use of the technique where part of the photo is b&w and the duck is in color.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and it was a pleasure to find yours. I enjoy your photography very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John
    I just wanted to stop by and thank you for visiting my blog. It appears that I am your first visitor. I really enjoyed all your pictures. I like the way you used photoshop to get the effects on the mallard picture. I'm still playing around with it. I haven't figured out yet how to get that particular effect.
    Good job!
    Take care and have a great rest of the week.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello john... u came at my blog, warkah-cinta.blogspot.com.... i just want to say... u have a nice photoblog... what type and brand camera u used?

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for all the comments really appreciated, as for my camera its a canon Eos 20D.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A splendid shot
    I envy you to be able to lay down , I can no nore and it is a great pity for my photos...

    ReplyDelete